Code of Conduct
Sky Lake asks that all program participants, volunteers and staff adhere to the following:
- Curfew on the land is 10:30 p.m. Due to our contemplative environment, personal music devices are discouraged and not permitted in public places.
- No amplified music, except on certain occasions designated by Sky Lake.
- No illegal drugs. Anyone possessing and/or using illegal drugs will be asked to leave the land immediately. No exceptions.
- No firearms. No exceptions.
- Pets are not allowed, except for service animals accompanying visitors with disabilities.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated, fire-safe areas.
- No drinking in public. Alcoholic beverages are allowed only on certain occasions sponsored by Sky Lake. Displays of public intoxication will not be tolerated.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21, or providing alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age, is strictly prohibited under New York State law.
- Unwanted sexual contact or sexual harassment is prohibited.
- No littering.
- In the event of an emergency, please cooperate fully with the Sky Lake staff.
Honoring this Code of Conduct is a requirement for staying at Sky Lake. Serious violations of this agreement or any act that threatens the wellbeing of others, or the integrity of our contemplative environment, may result in immediate expulsion and/or may be reported to law enforcement authorities. All program participants and overnight guests are asked to sign this Code of Conduct upon check-in.