View by Category
Way of Shambhala
Primordial Rigden Ngöndro and Werma
Contemplative Arts & Disciplines
Yoga, Body, Health
Live Teaching Program
Art, Family, Living, Leading
Centers and Groups
Monthly Calendar View
Regional List View
||Shambhala Guide Training 2012
with Acharya Eric Spiegel
Fri October 5th: 7:30 PM - 9:00 PMSat October 6th: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PMSun October 7th: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PMMon October 8th: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Price: $285 Non-members with no lodging $256 Members with no lodging $465 Price for lodgers $30 Deposit
Part I of Meditation Instructor or Assistant Director Training
In addition to being trained to give initial instruction, a Shambhala Guide is a resource, friend, and host to newcomers within the context of Shambhala Center educational programs and events. The emphasis is not merely on delivering the meditation instruction but also on offering information on our Shambhala and Buddhist lineages, the programs, the practice paths, the shrines, Shambhala forms, chants, ceremonies, events and so on. The Guides will therefore be trained in the principles of engagement and friendship, listening, inquiry, and speaking from the heart, so they can assist each new student individually and appropriately.
- Shambhala Training Level I-V
- One year of Shambhala School of Buddhist Studies education
- Completion of a weekthun
- Strong daily meditation practice
- Center membership and active volunteerism at a Center (exceptions can be made for people in small groups or remote locations)
- Three positive letters of recommendation (meditation instructor, center director, Resident Director, Shambhala Training Resident Director or Senior Teacher)
- Completion of application
A DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO HOLD PROGRAM AND HOUSING REGISTRATION
- Deposits and payments are refundable up to two weeks prior to the program start date, minus a $15 cancellation fee.
- After the two week deadline, Sky Lake will deduct a $25 cancellation fee and retain the rest of your deposit as credit towards another program to be used within a year of the date of the program. Any payments over the deposit will be refunded.
No refunds or credits are given for cancellations on or after the beginning of the program.